15th November 2018
Harper & Allan Masonry Ltd were awarded the contract for repair works to Elgin Museum in October 2017. Works commenced onsite in early November of the same year.
Elgin Museum opened in 1843, and is Scotland’s oldest independent museum. Elgin Museum remains independent, and is owned and managed by The Moray Society.
The design by architect, Thomas Mackenzie was chosen for the, now Category A listed, building.
In 1896, the Museum was extended and an extension was built to the rear, and in 1921, the Hall, was added.
17th October 2018
Harper & Allan Masonry Ltd were awarded the contract for repair works to the steadings of Coldstone House in July 2016
The buildings were originally farm buildings but were currently being used as storage and over the years had been patched in with inappropriate repairs and the roofs have been suffering from water ingress for a period of time. Harper & Allan Masonry were contracted to carry out fabric repairs to all 3 buildings. It is thought that the buildings were built at different stages as each building differs slightly in building style to the neighbouring buildings.
28th November 2016
Harper & Allan Masonry Ltd were contracted in on March 2016 by Stewart Wilson Joinery Ltd to undertake external repairs to the former Manse at Forglen near Turriff. The building is B listed with the original part dating as far back as 1683 with later additions in 1792 and 1830. Kirkland’s House was a former manse to the old church of Forglen which lies as a ruin to the West of the property.
27th November 2016
Harper & Allan Masonry Ltd were awarded the contract for repair works to the home of the Clan MacKenzie in November 2015 working alongside LDN Architects in Forres.
The castle is believed to have been built on the site of a very ancient Pictish fort from before the 12th century. The current castle is the result of work carried out in the early 17th century by Sir Roderick Mackenzie, the ancestor of the Earl of Cromartie.
23rd June 2016
Duff House Mausoleum was built in 1793 approx. mile mile from Duff House located on the outskirts of Banff, Aberdeenshire. The mausoleum was built by the second Earl of Fife and contains the remains of 21 members of the Duff of Duff House family with the earliest remains being that of Alexander Duff of Braco who died in 1705.
2nd February 2016
St Margaret of Scotland Episcopal Church is situated in the Gallowgate, Aberdeen and was built in the late 19th century by Father John Comper. St Margaret’s is a Category B Listed Building.
Harper and Allan Masonry were contracted by Stuart Boon Architect from Architectonics to undertake conservation and repair works to the Comper window situated to the West of the building.